Responsible travel 20% of the proceeds will go towards frontline street kids ministry.
Minimum 2 people required
| $2,260 (2 people)
||$2,790 (2 people)
||$3,100 (2 people) |
| $1,850 (4-6 people)
||$2,450 (4-6 people)
||$2,600 (4-6 people)
Day 1: 6 day lion, gorilla Uganda safari starts!
Meeting you at the airport or you address within Kampala or Entebbe marks the beginning of the 6 day lion, gorilla Uganda safari.
Spend a night in Entebbe or Kampala
Day 2: Safari to Queen Elizabeth National Park
This morning you will be driven from Kampala to Queen Elizabeth National Park as your first destination for the 6 day lion, gorilla Uganda safari.
Queen Elizabeth national is west of Uganda with 2 distinctive lakes George and Edward. There are several crater lakes that are part of this wonderful national park. There is a channel that joins lakes George and Edward where on 6 day lion, gorilla Uganda safari a boat ride will take you along the Kazinga Channel to see hippopotamus and crocodiles. The Wildlife game, includes Uganda Kob, Warthog and Waterbuck; Lions and Elephant, Leopard lazing.
Journey Time 8 hours
Accommodation Marafiki Safari Lodge
Meal Plan Breakfast and dinner
Day 3: Morning Game Drive, Boat Safari, nature drive
Be prepared to enjoy a long day of activity searching and spotting the wildlife of this wonderful park.
Journey Time: Days activities
Accommodation: Bush Lodge
Meal Plan: Breakfast and dinner
Balloon safari over queen Elizabeth national park $380
Lion tracking for lovers of lions you will get close to lion prides together with the research team. The experience allows visitors to actively participate in monitoring some of lions in the park, using locator devices and learn habituation calls, as well as monitoring weather, surroundings and behavior. The results are added to researchers’ databases, contributing valuable information to the overall understanding of lions. This will as well gives you a 95% chance to see the lions!
The number of people on each outing is limited in order to reduce stress on the animals and to increase the quality of the experience for visitors.
The experiential tourism activities currently available are Mongoose Tracking, Lion Tracking, Hippo Census, and Bird Counts.
Experiential tours lasts between one and three hours with a limited number of travelers. They usually take place in the early morning or evening, or occasionally at night. All activities must be booked through the Visitor Information Centre in Mweya at least 24 hours in advance.
Costing: $100 per person
Optional activity: Chimpanzee tracking Kyambura Gorge.The chances of seeing chimpanzees are 50%.
Day 4: Drive to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
Today 6 day lion, gorilla Uganda safari will take you drive to Bwindi forest where you will be tracking gorillas.
Journey Time 7 hours
Accommodation Mutanda Lake Resort
Meal Plan Breakfast and dinner
Day 5: Gorilla Tracking Day
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest boasts both mountain gorillas and chimpanzees - the only forest in Africa which can make this claim, in fact. It also hosts five other species of primate, 113 species of mammal, over 200 butterflies and 360 birds. En route to the gorillas, your guide will point out signs of previous gorilla activity, including dung, nests and chewed bamboo shoots.
The gorillas you track belong to one of nine habituated family groups who can tolerate the presence of humans for a brief period every day.
The time taken to track the gorillas can be as few as 2 hours to as many as 7 hours. Your track will be an exciting journey along forested slopes, entwined vines, bushes and bamboo before you eventually reach the gorilla family. Once the gorillas have been located, your group will be allowed a maximum of one hour with them. Coming face-to-face with a mountain gorilla is a truly humbling and emotional experience. This is a fantastic and privileged opportunity to get up close and personal with Uganda’s very own ‘Gorillas in the Mist’.
Accommodation Mutanda Lake Resort
Meal Plan Breakfast, packed lunch and dinner
Day 6: Back to Kampala/Entebbe
After an early breakfast at the lodge, we will drive back to Kampala or Entebbe (Airport) stopping at the equator for the requisite snapshot and a bit of souvenir shopping.
Accommodation for tonight is not inclusive in the program. If you wish to depart tonight from Entebbe Airport, make sure your flight is at 10 pm or later. If you would like us to book one (or more) nights in Kampala and/or Entebbe, please let us know.
Journey Time 9 - 10 hours
Accommodation Not included
Meal Plan Breakfast
Option Fly out via Kigali
Instead of driving back to Entebbe (10 hours), you can also fly out via Kigali, Rwanda. The drive to Kigali is only 4 hours from Mutanda, so that gives you a shorter drive and some extra time at Mutanda Lake Resort or some time to explore Kigali!
Costing: US$ 300 per transfer for a maximum of 7 people (transfer will be organized by your accommodation). Ask for more information about this option and how to apply for your East African Visa (that included both Uganda and Rwanda) with your booking.
Please note that activities in Kigali and accommodation in Kigali are not inclusive in the itinerary. If you would like us to book one (or more) nights in Kigali, please let us know.
Journey Time: 4 hours to Kigali
Accommodation: Not included
Meal Plan: Breakfast
Since this is a private tour, departure can be organised for anytime throughout the year subject to the availability of accommodation and transport.
What is included
- Transport in a 4wd minivan with pop-up roof for excellent view.
- All fuel for the tour.
- English speaking Ugandan driver/guide.
- Accommodation as listed in the itinerary.
- All breakfasts and dinners included.
- Packed lunch for the gorilla tracking.
- Park entrance fees according to the itinerary.
- All activities described in the itinerary.
- 1 gorilla permit per person (US$ 600).
What is Excluded
- International air fares.
- Entry Visa .
- Meals that are not part of your accommodation.
- A porter during the gorilla tracking (someone who carries your daypack).
- Personal (medical/travel) insurance.
- Government tax or park fees increase.
- Tips and gratuities to rangers, driver/guide, porter, hotel staff.
- All expenses of personal nature (e.g. drinks, laundry, optional activities, souvenirs.
- 1. Travellers are supposed to reach Entebbe on the tour starting day before 8am and leaving from the same airport at the end of the tour after 8pm.
- If these times can't be respected then 1 or 2 days should be calculated for the overnight in Kampala.
- 2. Children under 12 years of age are not allowed to see chimpanzees.
- 3. Kibale National Park offers small walks of 1 or 2 hours followed by creative activities.
- 4. Gorilla trekking is not allowed to anyone under 15 years of age.
- 5. Prices for private safari. No extra passengers added.
- 6. All prices are VAT included.
- 7. Prices are in United States dollars (USD).
- 8. Gorilla permits are available booking at least 3 weeks before the departure date.
- 1. At the moment of booking a deposit of the 40% of the total amount is due.
- 2. Bookings must be made at least 60 days before the date of departure.
- 3. Steady Safaris Ltd reserves the right to don't accept bookings made less than 60 days prior the date of departure.
- 4. Full payment has to be made not less than 30 days before the departing date of the tour.
- 5. If the full amount is not paid in due time, Steady Safaris Ltd reserves the right to treat the booking as cancelled.
- 6. Cancellations: 60 days prior to departure date of the tour, full refund of deposit; between 60 and 30 days, refund of 50% of deposit; less than 30 days, no refund.
- 7. Gorilla permits are non-refundable.