Tour at a Glance
Day 1: Entebbe - Kampala
Day 2: Kampala - Murchison Falls National Park
Day 3: Murchison Falls National Park
Day 4: Murchison Falls - Kibale Forest National Park
Day 5: Kibale Forest National Park
Day 6: Kibale Forest - Queen Elizabeth National Park
Day 7: Queen Elizabeth National Park
Day 8: Queen Elizabeth National Park - Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
Day 9: Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
Day 10: Bwindi Forest - Lake Bunyonyi
Day 11: Lake Bunyonyi - Lake Mburo National Park
Day 12: Lake Mburo - Kampala
Entebbe International airport drive to Kampala
Meet, greet and assist at Entebbe International Airport, transfer you to Kampala for the night.
Drive is 40minutes
Depart Kampala for Murchison falls national park
6:00am breakfast, then your driver will drive northwest to Murchison Falls National Park via the Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary, where you will have the opportunity to walk with southern white rhinoceros. After lunch at Kabalega dinners, you continue to Murchison falls national park visiting the top of the Murchison falls. Before heading to your overnight lodge.
Murchison falls national park game activities
6:00am Breakfast, drive to into the park for a great day of game activities. Spend the most part of the morning game viewing and looking for animals until 11:45. Drive to Paraa lodge where we get to have lunch from 12:30pm to 1:45pm
After lunch you will take a boat cruise up the Victoria Nile that brings you 200 meters to the base of the Murchison falls. The boat safari will allow your to see hippopotamus and crocodiles in plenty, other animals drinking on the banks of the river especially in the dry season months. Elephants, waterbuck, Uganda Kob, a large variety bird species including the goliath heron, Egyptian goose, pelican, bee-eater, kingfisher, hornbill, cormorant plus other small birds.
Return by boat to the starting point and we do another 1hour game drive.
Depart Murchison falls national park for Kibale forest
After breakfast landscapes collide as you drive from Murchison Falls national park to Kibale Forest. The journey is interesting with transformations of vegetation turning into mystic thick rain-forests. Kibale forest is home to the largest concentration of wild chimpanzees in Africa. Other species include Colobus monkey, mangabeys and golden monkeys, Blue monkey, L'hoest's. You are not just looking at a few monkeys and mangabeys, but troops are sometimes a hundred strong, giving you a keen sense of whose world you are entering. Spend the night at your lodge in preparation of tomorrows tracking your need an early rest.
Kibale forest national park exploration
Visit the chimpanzee and the first thing you will notice are the eyes as they seem to be looking straight at you. But more than that, it will feel as if they are communicating with you as if sending a message from primate to primate. For a second, you will feel frozen and then you will recover, looking around and making eye contact with another 15 chimpanzees. You will find yourself surrounded by a whole family and you will admire how they curl their fingers around the branches and speak through facial expressions. Chimpanzees are our closest relatives, and spending an hour with them is a remarkable experience. Sometimes the similarities may bring tears to your eyes, and the experience will create goosebumps. While it is possible to track chimpanzees in a few forests across East Africa, Kibale is one of the few to offer a complete habituation experience, giving you a virtually guaranteed encounter with a whole troop.
Kibale forest for Queen Elizabeth national park
Mountain slopes are consumed by forest as thick swathes of orange climb up towards lunar-like escarpments. Mist swirls sporadically, dancing amongst the canopy with primitive twirls yet there are places where the forest opens and the Savannah takes over, bringing back those rustic yellows that travel out from lush blue lakes. It is only a short journey between Kibale forest and Queen Elizabeth National Park.
You arrive and prepare for a boat safari on the Kazinga channel and night game drive later and wind past the classic animals of the East African western rift valley savannah: lions, elephants, buffalo, baboons, hippopotamus, zebra, and a whole assortment of different antelope.
Queen Elizabeth national park game activities
Queen Elizabeth National Park’s diverse eco-system of grassy plains, tropical forest, rivers, swamps, lakes and volcanic craters is home to an incredible array of wildlife. You will go on an early morning game drive, where you will have the opportunity to view the massive Rwenzori as a backdrop. There will be excellent opportunities to spot lion, leopard, giant forest hog, African buffalo, elephant, Defassa waterbuck, Uganda Kob, topi and bushbuck. Game drives and boat cruises are wonderful ways to discover Uganda’s wildlife. Be sure to have your camera ready for these amazing sightings!
In the afternoon you will visit the bat and hunters cave where you can get up close with bats, rock pythons and forest cobras. The same walk will give you the chance to see birds and primates. Return to the lodge for dinner and your last overnight stay.
Depart Queen Elizabeth national park for Bwindi forest
After breakfast you will pack your bags and head off on a morning game drive through the Ishasha plains, where you will visit the lions and other wildlife that call Queen Elizabeth nati0nal park home for the last time. From here you will make your way to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, driving through the area known as the “Switzerland of Africa”. You will arrive in the park in the evening and check into the lodge for dinner and your overnight stay.
Bwindi forest national park gorilla tracking
After breakfast you will make your way to the starting point of your gorilla trekking adventure. You will be led by experienced gorilla trackers onto the slopes of the nearby volcanoes in search of this amazing primates. Your journey will begin where the gorillas were encountered the previous day. Although the hike can be physically demanding, the anticipation of the exciting experience ahead will keep you going! The beauty of the gorilla forest and its inhabitants is breathtaking. Encountering these gentle giants is one of Africa’s major highlights.
Follow the mountain gorillas as they range freely in the impenetrable forest. Discover their gorgeous natural habitual and the many species they share it with. You are allowed to spend one hour with the gorillas before making your way back the lodge. If your trek was relatively short, you may take a guided nature walk around the lodge and surrounding communities in the evening.
Depart Bwindi forest national park for Lake Bunyonyi
After breakfast you will drive to Lake Bunyonyi, which has breathtaking scenery. Spend the night overlooking Uganda’s deepest lake, where you may try your hand at paddling in a dugout canoe or eating fresh water crayfish. The name Bunyonyi means "the place of little birds", and it definitely lives up to its name!
Lake Bunyonyi has no bilharzia (parasitic worm), no crocodiles and no hippopotamus. Due to its altitude malaria is also rather scarce. You could hardly find a friendlier body of water on the African continent than lake Bunyonyi!
Depart for Lake Mburo national park game activities
After breakfast you will travel to Lake Mburo National Park, the smallest park in Uganda. Although small, this park has so much to offer. It is centered on a series of swamp-fringed lakes and is full of rich bird life. The orange acacia woodland harbors wildlife such as zebra, warthog, eland, Rothschild giraffe and impala. The lake itself is home to schools of hippopotamus and crocodiles!
You will arrive at the lodge in time for lunch. Later in the afternoon you will enjoy a boat ride on Lake Mburo and get quite close to the crocodiles and hippopotamus. As you make your way back to the lodge you may take part in evening game drive.
Depart fo Entebbe or Kampala
After breakfast you will go on a safari walk under the escort of an armed ranger. Due to cattle herding in the area it is amusing to see zebra peaceably grazing alongside the long horned Ankole cattle. It is exciting to approach wildlife at such close range. Depending on your departure time you can go on a city tour and visit the craft markets before transferring to the airport to catch your flight back home.
Rates & Dates
Luxury (Sheraton Hotel, Paraa Lodge, Primate lodge, Mweya Lodge, Mahogany Springs, Acadia cottages, Mihingo Lodge)
- 2 pax on safari, the cost per person will be $4,775 including one gorilla permit.
- 4 pax on safari, the cost per person will be $4,465 including one gorilla permit.
- 6 pax on safari, the cost per person will be $4,185 including one gorilla permit.
- The single supplement is $630 for the whole trip.
Midrange (Acacia Lodge, Pakuba lodge, Kibale forest cottages, Ihamba lodge, Gorilla mist, Bunyonyi resort, Mburo safari lodge )
- 2 pax on safari, the cost per person will be $ 3,855 including one gorilla permit.
- 4 pax on safari, the cost per person will be $3,768 including one gorilla permit.
- 6 pax on safari, the cost per person will be $3,665 including one gorilla permit.
- The single supplement is 390 for the whole trip.
- This tour can depart anytime of the year.
What's included in this price?
- Transport using customized vehicle equipped with GPS and opening roof.
- passengers and public liability insurance.
- full board accommodation.
- Expert driver/guide and Uganda Wildlife Authority professional armed rangers in the park when required.
- all fees for the excursions - activities as stated in the day by day program.
- Boat safari
- Chimpanzee tracking
- Night game drive
- Rhino tracking
- all park entrance fees.
- Accommodation two nights
- return airport transfers if required.
- Gorilla permit 1 each person
- Maisha Airlift Insurance cover within East Africa
What is Excluded
- International flight to and from Uganda.
- visas if required.
- personal travel insurance.
- optional activities.
- personal items and everything not stated in the day by day program.
- Travelers are supposed to reach Entebbe on the tour starting day before 8am and leaving from the same airport at the end of the tour after 8pm. If these times can't be respected then 1 or 2 days should be calculated for the overnight in Kampala.
- Children under 12 years of age are not allowed to see chimpanzees.
- Kibale NP offers small walks of 1 or 2 hours followed by creative activities.
- Gorilla trekking is not allowed to anyone under 15 years of age.
- Prices for private safari. No extra passengers added.
- All prices are VAT included.
- Prices are in United States dollars (USD).
- Gorilla permits are available booking at least 3 weeks before the departure date.
- At the moment of booking a deposit of the 40% of the total amount is due.
- Bookings must be made at least 60 days before the date of departure.
- Steady Safaris Ltd reserves the right to don't accept bookings made less than 60 days prior the date of departure.
- Full payment has to be made not less than 30 days before the departing date of the tour.
- If the full amount is not paid in due time, Steady Safaris Ltd reserves the right to treat the booking as cancelled.
- Cancellations: 60 days prior to departure date of the tour, full refund of deposit; between 60 and 30 days, refund of 50% of deposit; less than 30 days, no refund.
- Gorilla permits are non-refundable.