Lake Mburo National Park is located in Mbarara and Kiruhura Districts in western Uganda. Lake Mburo game reserve is situated about 50 kilometers (19 miles), by road, east of Mbarara town. This location is approximately 240 kilometers (150 miles), by road, west of Kampala, Uganda's capital city.
Day 1, Drive to Lake Mburo national park starting 3 day safari
We will meet you in the morning at 8:00am at your address in Kampala or Entebbe and we then drive to Lake Mburo National Park on well paved roads passing through papyrus swamps close to Lake Victoria and tracts of tropical rain forest and the rolling plains of Ankole cattle country. Lake Mburo National Park is a small park, excellent for birding, with lots of antelope and other grazers, one of the only places to easily see Impala and zebra in Uganda and the rest of Africa. Game drives offer particularly game viewing with the Parkʹs mixture of savannah, acacia woodlands, grassy valleys, rocky outcrops, swamps, lakes and rolling hills. Herds of impala (found nowhere else in Uganda), Cape buffalo and zebra, plus waterbuck and eland are amongst the variety of wildlife to be seen. The latest addition of Rothschild giraffe has made Lake Mburo a destination of choice among lovers of wildlife. On this particular 3 day safari to Lake Mburo national park be sure to see most of the game in Lake Mburo. Birders will enjoy the Parkʹs 310 recorded water and dry land bird species. In this valley we can operate night game drives and morning walks. This is the only park where you we will see Impala and Burchellʹs Zebra. It is an excellent place for walking and exploring a nearby Khopji to perhaps see Klipspringer. Game drive to the lodge for check in. Luxury: Mihingo Safari Lodge Mid-range: Rwakobo rock Lodge, Mburo Safari Lodge, Arcadia Cottages, Mantana Lodge Budget: Eagles Nest Meal Plan: Full Board (lunch and dinner)
Day 2, Morning Game drive and afternoon Boat ride on the Lake Mburo
Game drives covering Lake Mburo National Park points of interest including a 3:00pm launch trip of about two hours on the lake Mburo to view some of the game that lives in the waters and the banks and other game with excellent birding. 3 safari to Lake Mburo National Park offers to a visitor a chance to see and enjoy a variety of colorful birds that live here in just 24 hour period. Luxury: Mihingo Safari Lodge Mid-range: Rwakobo rock Lodge, Mburo Safari Lodge, Arcadia Cottages, Mantana Lodge Budget: Eagles Nest Meal Plan: Full Board (lunch and dinner)
Day 3, Morning walking safari lake Mburo national.
This morning we have a walking safari among game before heading back to Entebbe, this takes approximately 5 hours – road and weather conditions will dictate. If time permits it is possible to stop in Kampala for shopping and lunch and a visit to the Mpigi Royal Drum Makers. You are then transferred to Entebbe International airport to connect with your departure flight.
What's included in this price?
1. Published prices may change without notice in case of unforeseen circumstances beyond our control.
1. Nature drive.
2. All Meals and accommodation as per the itinerary.
3. All ground transportation in a comfortable 4x4 vehicle.
4. Park entrance fees.
5. Services of a full time English speaking driver/guide.
7. All boat trips.
8. All game drives.
9. All airport pickups and drops.
10. All activities at stipulated in the itinerary.
11. And all government taxes/levies.
1. Bar Bills and Drinks
2. Phone calls
3. Personal insurance
5. Air fare
6. All other Services of a personal nature.
7. Driver guides gratuity.
Chimp tracking in Maramgambo forest $100
Game drive in Ishasha home of tree climbing lions EXTRA $300
Balloon Safari EXTRA $380
1. At the moment of booking a deposit of the 40% of the total amount is due.
2. Bookings must be made at least 60 days before the date of departure.
3. Steady Safaris Ltd reserves the right to don't accept bookings made less than 60 days prior the date of departure.
4. Full payment has to be made not less than 30 days before the departing date of the tour.
5. If the full amount is not paid in due time, Steady Safaris Ltd reserves the right to treat the booking as cancelled.
6. Cancellations: 60 days prior to departure date of the tour, full refund of deposit; between 60 and 30 days, refund of 50% of deposit; less than 30 days, no refund.