From Kigali through to Uganda's Bwindi impenetrable forest for gorilla tracking excursion.
3 days, 2 nights From $1,765 per person sharing a double room
Depart Kigali to Uganda
Depart Kigali at 12:00pm after a small city tour, heading toward Ruhengeri or Kabale.
Have lunch in Ruhengeri or Kabale in Uganda.
Continue to your overnight accommodation at lake Mutanda resort or Ruhija Gorilla mist check in and rest until night time for overnight.
Mountain gorilla tracking day
6:00am breakfast until 7:15am
7:30am head to the briefing area.
8:30am be done with briefing, grouping, porters and be ready to start the exciting adventure of find the mountain gorillas.
Once the ranger establishes a close gorilla family, the ranger leading the team will signal for everyone to leave your backpacks behind bringing just your cameras or phones. A resting family on the forest floor is what you stumble upon. Sometimes you might find them feeding. The young mountain gorillas will be playing while the adults led by the silver-back will be resting and keeping a very close eye on every forest movement.
You will have just one 1hour with the mountain gorillas so please use it very well. The Male Silver-back gorilla will always vocally signal when the time is right to move on. When the top of the hour is up then your expedition leader will ask everyone to get ready to move back to the starting point.
Drive back to Kigali
You will be driven back to Kigali at 9:00am crossing the border and bring your to your address in Kigali.
What's included in this price?
- Transport using customized vehicle equipped with GPS and opening roof.
- passengers and public liability insurance.
- full board accommodation.
- Expert driver/guide and Uganda Wildlife Authority professional armed rangers in the park when required.
- all fees for the excursions - activities as stated in the day by day program.
- all park entrance fees.
- Accommodation two nights
- return airport transfers if required.
- Gorilla permit 1 each person
What is Excluded
- International flight to and from Uganda.
- visas if required.
- personal travel insurance.
- optional activities.
- personal items and everything not stated in the day by day program.
- Travelers are supposed to reach Entebbe on the tour starting day before 8am and leaving from the same airport at the end of the tour after 8pm. If these times can't be respected then 1 or 2 days should be calculated for the overnight in Kampala.
- Children under 12 years of age are not allowed to see chimpanzees.
- Kibale NP offers small walks of 1 or 2 hours followed by creative activities.
- Gorilla trekking is not allowed to anyone under 15 years of age.
- Prices for private safari. No extra passengers added.
- All prices are VAT included.
- Prices are in United States dollars (USD).
- Gorilla permits are available booking at least 3 weeks before the departure date.
- At the moment of booking a deposit of the 40% of the total amount is due.
- Bookings must be made at least 60 days before the date of departure.
- Steady Safaris Ltd reserves the right to don't accept bookings made less than 60 days prior the date of departure.
- Full payment has to be made not less than 30 days before the departing date of the tour.
- If the full amount is not paid in due time, Steady Safaris Ltd reserves the right to treat the booking as cancelled.
- Cancellations: 60 days prior to departure date of the tour, full refund of deposit; between 60 and 30 days, refund of 50% of deposit; less than 30 days, no refund.
- Gorilla permits are non-refundable.
- 24 January 2019 by carlos, in Mountain Gorillas & ChimpanzeesGorilla Habituation process may take from anywhere between two to three years to...READ MORE +