Kidepo valley national park lies in the far northeast of Uganda, isolated from the rest of Uganda tourist attractions by sparsely populated, arid badlands of Karamojja region where the 4 days Kidepo valley safari takes you. Kidepo valley is nevertheless one of the most alluring destinations in Uganda and East Africa, boasting a strong wilderness atmosphere, rugged mountains scenery, and exceptional game viewing and bird watching. 1 Drive from Kampala to Kidepo
Depart Kampala at 5am heading north towards Gulu for the 4 days Kidepo valley safari . Then continue towards Kitgum in time for lunch.
From here continue to Kidepo valley national park
Luxury: Apoka Safari Lodge
Mid-range: Nga Moru Lodge
Budget: Savannah Lodge
Meals: Full Board (lunch and dinner)
2 Full day Game drive
Spend the entire day exploring the park to see the wildlife that dwells in Kidepo valley some include black-backed jackal, African hunting dog, bat-eared fox, striped hyena, aardwolf, cheetah and caracal are found in no other Ugandan national park. Other predators recorded in Kidepo are the side-striped jackal, spotted hyena, leopard, lion and a variety of must lids, genets, mongooses and small cats. A remarkable 17 antelope’s species occur in Kidepo seven of these are found nowhere else in Uganda: namely Grant’s gazelle, greater kudu, lesser kudu, roan antelope, Beira Oryx, Guenther’s dik-di and mount reedbuck. Other antelope species found in Kidepo are the Jackson’s hartebeest, topi, eland, bushbuck, common duiker, klipspringer, oribi, Deffassa waterbuck, Uganda Kob and bohor reedbuck.
We return for lunch and return to the wilderness until 6:00 pm.
Game drive, Cultural experience
More game drives and later visit the Akaramajong people.
We return at 6:00 pm for ovenight at the lodge.
We depart Kidepo and return to Kampala via Kitgum, Gulu, Kafu Ready to Book?
Included for the 4 days Kidepo valley national park safari:
1. Walking Safari.
2. All Meals and accommodation as per the itinerary.
3. All ground transportation in a comfortable 4x4 vehicle.
4. Park entrance fees.
5. Services of a full time English speaking driver/guide.
6. Water, coffee or Tea while on safari.
7. All boat trips.
8. All game drives.
9. All airport pickups and drops.
10. All activities at stipulated in the itinerary.
11. And all government taxes/levies.
Excluded for the 4 days Kidepo valley national park safari:
1. Bar Bills and Drinks
2. Phone calls
3. Personal insurance
5. Air fare
6. All other Services of a personal nature.
7. Driver guides gratuity.
Terms and conditions
1. At the moment of booking a deposit of the 40% of the total amount is due.
2. Bookings must be made at least 60 days before the date of departure.
3. Steady Safaris Ltd reserves the right to not accept bookings made less than 60 days prior the date of departure.
4. Full payment has to be made not less than 30 days before the departing date of the tour.
5. If the full amount is not paid in due time, Steady Safaris Ltd reserves the right to treat the booking as cancelled.
6. Cancellations: 60 days prior to departure date of the tour, full refund of deposit; between 60 and 30 days, refund of 50% of deposit; less than 30 days, no refund.
7. Gorilla permits are non-refundable.
4 days Kidepo valley national park Route Map