4 days gorilla habituation starts in Kampala
Bwindi Impenetrable forest has about eleven habituated gorilla families which include Mubare, Habinyanja and Rushegura in the Northern section of the park called Buhoma, then Bitukura, Oruzogo and Kyaguriro in the Eastern Part of Bwindi in Ruhija, Nshonji, Mishaya, Busingye, Bweza, Kahungye in Rushaga and then Nkuringo Gorilla Family all in the south. At the moment, eighty eight gorilla permits are available for purchase from Uganda Wildlife Authority. Two gorilla families have been put aside for gorilla habituation experience and are located in the Nkuringo and Rushaga side of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
REASON FOR GORILLA HABITUATION
Unlike the usual gorilla trekking, the gorilla habituation experience offers something far more immersive, complex and powerful. The unrushed nature of the habituation trek allows for a far more relaxed appreciation of the everyday gorilla-family scenes that unfold amongst the trees of Bwindi. But it also presents photographers with the time they need to capture the perfect shot, making this ideal for those seeking to photograph gorillas.
4 days mountain gorilla habituation safari Uganda.
Day 1: Entebbe to Kampala
Meet and greet then travel from the Entebbe International Airport and brought to Kampala City. You are then taken to your hotel to rest or take a trip around Kampala and visit places the Uganda Museum or head to the market to do some shopping.
Accommodation: The Kampala Sheraton Hotel, the Kampala Serena Hotel, Hotel Africana.
Day 2: To Bwindi forest national park
Early after you’ve had your breakfast, you are transferred from Kampala to the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. There is not much you can see on this day but you may perhaps make a few stopovers and later in the evening after arrival go for a nature walk.
Accommodation: The Chameleon Hill Lodge, Mutanda Lake Resort.
Day 3: mountain gorilla habituation safari Uganda
After your breakfast head for Rushaga where you are to have your Gorilla Habituation Experience and also other activities that are optional. Later on, head back to your hotel for meals and relaxation.
Day 4: Travel back to Kampala
Travel from Bwindi back to Kampala for your international flight.
What's included in this price?
- Transport using customized vehicle equipped with GPS and opening roof.
- passengers and public liability insurance.
- full board accommodation.
- Expert driver/guide and Uganda Wildlife Authority professional armed rangers in the park when required.
- all fees for the excursions - activities as stated in the day by day program.
- all park entrance fees.
- Accommodation two nights
- return airport transfers if required.
- Gorilla Habituation permit 1 each person
What is Excluded
- International flight to and from Uganda.
- visas if required.
- personal travel insurance.
- optional activities.
- personal items and everything not stated in the day by day program.
What to bring
- Long sleeved comfortable shirts and trousers.
- Insect repellent.
- Sturdy gardening gloves and a hat.
- Poncho/rain jacket.
- Water proof backpack.
- Snacks, lunch and enough drinking water.
- Travelers are supposed to reach Entebbe on the tour starting day before 8am and leaving from the same airport at the end of the tour after 8pm. If these times can't be respected then 1 or 2 days should be calculated for the overnight in Kampala.
- Children under 12 years of age are not allowed to see chimpanzees.
- Kibale NP offers small walks of 1 or 2 hours followed by creative activities.
- Gorilla trekking is not allowed to anyone under 15 years of age.
- Prices for private safari. No extra passengers added.
- All prices are VAT included.
- Prices are in United States dollars (USD).
- Gorilla permits are available booking at least 3 weeks before the departure date.
- At the moment of booking a deposit of the 40% of the total amount is due.
- Bookings must be made at least 60 days before the date of departure.
- Steady Safaris Ltd reserves the right to don't accept bookings made less than 60 days prior the date of departure.
- Full payment has to be made not less than 30 days before the departing date of the tour.
- If the full amount is not paid in due time, Steady Safaris Ltd reserves the right to treat the booking as cancelled.
- Cancellations: 60 days prior to departure date of the tour, full refund of deposit; between 60 and 30 days, refund of 50% of deposit; less than 30 days, no refund.
- Gorilla permits are non-refundable.