5 Days Fly Safari Uganda
Day 1 Arrival for 5 Days Fly Safari Uganda
By international flight arrive into Entebbe why your transport vehicle will be waiting to bring you to the Protea Hotel for an overnight stay, meals are included.
Day 2 Fly from Entebbe to Kihihi airfield
After breakfast you will transfer to the Entebbe airport for a domestic flight to Kihihi, it takes just 10minutes from the hotel to the airport and security. Your flight from Entebbe airport takes off at 10:15 am and your arrival at Kihihi airfield is 11:25 am. From the airfield you have driven 62 km (38miles) before arriving at the lodge you have been booked into.
We are in time for lunch at the lodge after you are checked in. In the afternoon we will meet local communities by taking a stroll in the area.
Return to the lodge for afternoon tea, dinner as well as an overnight stay.
Silverback Lodge (Mid-range)
Mahogany Lodge, Gorilla Forest Camp, Bwindi Lodge (Luxury)
Buhoma bandas / Bwindi view (Budget)
Meal: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 3 Gorilla tracking day
This day starts early at 6:30 am, Breakfast, packed lunch, water and off to the park’s briefing point. We register you as you attend a briefing from 7:00 am. You are grouped in tracking parties of 8 people for each gorilla family, sometimes you will be more depending on how the head is warden see fit. You head into the jungle hiking up and down the tricky, slippery, soggy slopes. Or take a drive to the starting point of the gorilla trekking as directed by the person leading the particular group that you are assigned.
Please be physically and mentally prepared to trek from 2 hours to 6 hours before you can spot the mountain gorillas.
The forest is home to 93 mammal species that have been recorded although the list consists of small mammals such as rodents and bats, it does include eleven types of primates, including a healthy chimpanzee population and five varieties of monkey, most visibly the blue monkey and black-and-white colobus. You will most definitely spot some of these mammals on your way to finding the mountain gorillas.
Find the family of mountain gorillas and spend 1 hour with them, if they move you follow them when they stop to feed you observe.
Of particular interest to birders are the 23 species endemic to the Albertine Rift, and at least 14 species recorded nowhere else in Uganda, among them the African green broadbill, white-tailed blue flycatcher, brown-necked parrot, white-bellied robin chat and Fraser’s eagle owl.
Day 4 Second gorilla tracking
Same as yesterday but on a different group for gorilla tracking.
Day 5 Fly back to Entebbe
We drive you to the airstrip where you catch your flight to Entebbe from Kihihi airstrip in time for your international connecting flight ending the 5 Days Fly Safari Uganda.
What is Included
Safari Jeep with comprehensive insurance, lodge on full board, driver/guide and armed rangers in the parks when required, all fees for the excursions-activities as stated above, all park entrance fees, accommodation as stated based on rates, return airport transfers.
Not Included in 5 Days Fly Safari Uganda
Flights domestic and international
Tips $10 per person per day
Activities not included in the Itinerary
Items of personal nature such as phone calls
Second gorilla permit on day 4
Notes for 5 Days Fly Safari Uganda
1. Travelers are supposed to reach Entebbe on the tour starting the day before 8 am and leaving from the same airport at the end of the tour after 8 pm.
If these times can't be respected then 1 or 2 days should be calculated for the overnight in Kampala.
2. Children under 12 years of age are not allowed to see chimpanzees.
3. Kibale National Park offers small walks of 1 or 2 hours followed by creative activities.
4. Gorilla trekking is not allowed to anyone under 15 years of age.
5. Prices for private safari. No extra passengers added.
6. All prices are VAT included.
7. Prices are in United States dollars (USD).
8. Gorilla permits are available booking at least 3 weeks before the departure date.
1. At the moment of booking a deposit of 40% of the total amount is due.
2. Bookings must be made at least 60 days before the date of departure.
3. Steady Safaris Ltd reserves the right to don't accept bookings made less than 60 days prior to the date of departure.
4. Full payment has to be made not less than 30 days before the departing date of the tour.
5. If the full amount is not paid in due time, Steady Safaris Ltd reserves the right to treat the booking as canceled.
6. Cancellations: 60 days prior to the departure date of the tour, a full refund of deposit; between 60 and 30 days, a refund of 50% of deposit; less than 30 days, no refund.
7. Gorilla permits are non-refundable.