Day 3: Drive to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
Today the trip will take you to drive to Bwindi forest where you will be tracking gorillas.
Journey Time 7 hours
Accommodation Ruhija gorilla safari lodge
Meal Plan Breakfast and dinner
Day 4: Gorilla Tracking Day
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest is best known for mountain gorillas.
It also hosts five other species of primate, 113 species of mammal, over 200 butterflies and 360 birds.
The time taken to track the gorillas can be as few as 2 hours to as many as 8 hours.
Once the gorillas have been located, your group will be allowed a maximum of one hour with them.
Accommodation Ruhija Gorilla Safari Lodge
Meal Plan Breakfast, packed lunch, and dinner
Day 5: Back to Kampala/Entebbe
After an early breakfast at the lodge, we will drive back to Kampala or Entebbe (Airport).
We will stop at the equator for photos and a bit of souvenir shopping.
If you wish to depart tonight from Entebbe Airport, make sure your flight is at 10 pm or later.
If you would like us to book one (or more) nights in Kampala and/or Entebbe, please let us know.
Journey Time 9 - 10 hours Accommodation Not included Meal Plan Breakfast
Option Fly out via Kigali
Instead of driving back to Entebbe (10 hours), you can also fly out via Kigali, Rwanda.
The drive to Kigali is only 4 hours from Bwindi Ruhija, so that gives you a shorter drive and some extra time within Kigali shopping.
Costing: US$ 300 per transfer for a maximum of 4 people (transfer will be organized by your accommodation).
Ask for more information about this option and how to apply for your East African Visa (that included both Uganda and Rwanda) with your booking.
Please note that activities in Kigali and accommodation in Kigali are not inclusive in the itinerary.
If you would like us to book one (or more) nights in Kigali, please let us know.
Journey Time: 4 hours to Kigali
Accommodation: Not included Meal Plan: Breakfast
Since this is a private tour, departure can be organized for any time throughout the year subject to the availability of accommodation and transport.
What is included in 5 Days gorilla Uganda wildlife safari?
- Transport in a 4wd minivan with a pop-up roof for an excellent view.
- All fuel for the tour.
- English speaking Ugandan driver/guide.
- Accommodation as listed in the itinerary.
- All breakfasts and dinners included.
- Packed lunch for the gorilla tracking.
- Park entrance fees according to the itinerary.
- All activities described in the itinerary.
- 1 gorilla permit per person (US$ 600).
What is Excluded
- International airfares.
- Entry Visa.
- Meals that are not part of your accommodation.
- A porter during the gorilla tracking (someone who carries your daypack).
- Personal (medical/travel) insurance.
- Government tax or park fees increase.
- Tips and gratuities to rangers, driver/guide, porter, hotel staff.
- All expenses of personal nature (e.g. drinks, laundry, optional activities, souvenirs.
Notes for 5 Days gorilla Uganda wildlife safari
1. Travelers are supposed to reach Entebbe on the tour starting the day before 8 am and leaving from the same airport at the end of the tour after 8 pm.
If these times can't be respected then 1 or 2 days should be calculated for the overnight in Kampala.
2. Children under 12 years of age are not allowed to see chimpanzees.
3. Kibale National Park offers small walks of 1 or 2 hours followed by creative activities.
4. Gorilla trekking is not allowed to anyone under 15 years of age.
5. Prices for private safari. No extra passengers added.
6. All prices are VAT included.
7. Prices are in United States dollars (USD).
8. Gorilla permits are available booking at least 3 weeks before the departure date.