Day 1: Drive to Kidepo valley national Park.
The Uganda Big Five Safari begins when your driver/guide meets you, pack the vehicle and start on the long drive north of Uganda. The drive to Kidepo Valley National Park is via Gulu through Kitgum town and on to Kidepo with late arrival at the iconic Apoka lodge for the luxury clients or Kidepo savannah lodge for the budget traveler. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner are all inclusive with mineral water in the vehicle throughout the safari period.
Day 2: Morning and afternoon game safari.
The morning when done we eating breakfast, you driver will take you to the famous Narus valley where animal species such African Buffaloes, Rothschild Giraffes, Elands, Oribs, Deffauser Zebras, African elephants, brown-back and side-stripped jackal, and spotted Hyena are found. The Uganda big five safari
offers travelers a chance to spot leopard as well as the lions of Kidepo valley
that like resting on rocky hills.
You will have a break for a picnic lunch before continuing on for a late afternoon game drive towards the hot springs nestled in an area dotted with palm trees along the Kidepo River. During the game safari we will search for the ostriches, small and large tortoise, common here is the elusive leopard and olive baboons. We will return to the Apoka lodge for the luxury option and Kidepo savannah lodge for the midrange and/or budget option. We also have an option for walking around the lodge to stretch your legs. Dinner and overnight stay.
Day 3: Drive to Murchison falls national park from Kidepo.
Today the Uganda big five safaris will take us to Murchison falls national park
, after you have had your breakfast we will then load our vehicle and head to Kitgum, Gulu we will stop and have lunch here, Anaka and on to Paraa Lodge
for the luxury clients, while the midrange traveler will be staying at Pakuba safari lodge
. We have an evening game drive before heading to the lodge a chance to search and see African elephants, Rothschild Giraffes, African buffaloes several species of Antelopes, hereafter we take you to your overnight lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Morning Game safari and Boat safari.
6:00 am we start our day with a cup of coffee or tea before we pick up our trained ranger to head on the circuit of the queen track, Victoria track and common wealth track for epic game viewing. Expect to see African Buffaloes, African Elephants, Side-stripped Jackal, Warthogs, Lions, Rothschild Giraffes, Bushbucks, Reedbuck, Uganda Kob, Oribi, and Jackson with high chances of spotting Leopard. We will then return to the lodge for Lunch before you go on a boat safari on the Victoria Nile. The boat safari is a sure memorable activity to many, having read about the Nile and Moses in Sunday school when we were children. Then return back to the lodge for Dinner and overnight by 5:40 pm.
Day 5: Transfer back from Murchison falls–Visit Top of the falls and Rhino Trekking.
After breakfast start you drive back to Kampala
and along the way get a chance to visit the top of Murchison falls and marvel at its raw power as 100meters of river is reduced to just 7 meters and flowing 43meters down. It is an amazing site with an occasional rainbow forming and a haze of mist spraying the area. We then drive you through to Masindi, to Ziwa Rhino sanctuary
for lunch before embarking on southern white Rhinoceros viewing. The journey will continue to Kampala where you are dropped at the hotel or taken to the airport to end the Uganda big five safari.
Note: Every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday there is a scheduled flight to Kidepo valley national park if you would like to reduce the long hours on the road.
Best months to go (JAN FEB MAR APR MAY JUN )
Good months to go (JUL AUG SEPT OCT NOV DEC)
What is Included.
1. All ground transportation
2. All accommodation including breakfast (some hotels may include more meals & activities)
3. Game drive
4. Boat safari
5. All airport transfers
6. All guided tours specified in the itinerary description
7. Full support from your Travel guide before, during and after your trip
What is Not Included.
2. All drinks beverages, alcohol, tea, coffee
3. Travel Insurance, visas to Uganda
4. Laundry services
5. Phone calls
6. Extra activities not listed on Itinerary
7. Extra meals
• Bird watching on the Delta Boat cruise for Bird lovers
• Chimpanzee tracking or Habituation at Kaniyo Pabidi Forest
• Sports fishing
• Bush Camping
• Cultural encounter in Mubako Cultural campfire performances and Boomu women Groups
Terms and conditions
1. At the moment of booking a deposit of the 40% of the total amount is due.
2. Bookings must be made at least 60 days before the date of departure.
3. Steady Safaris Ltd reserves the right to not accept bookings made less than 60 days prior the date of departure.
4. Full payment has to be made not less than 30 days before the departing date of the tour.
5. If the full amount is not paid in due time, Steady Safaris Ltd reserves the right to treat the booking as cancelled.
6. Cancellations: 60 days prior to departure date of the tour, full refund of deposit; between 60 and 30 days, refund of 50% of deposit; less than 30 days, no refund.
7. Gorilla permits are non-refundable.
1. Travelers are supposed to reach Entebbe on the tour starting day before 8 am and leaving from the same airport at the end of the tour after 8 pm.
2. If these times can't be respected then 1 or 2 days should be calculated for the overnight in Kampala.
3. Children under 12 years of age are not allowed to see chimpanzees.
5. Gorilla trekking is not allowed to anyone under 15 years of age.
6. Prices for private safari. No extra passengers added.
7. All prices are VAT included.
8. Prices are in United States dollars (USD).
9. Gorilla permits are available booking at least 3 months before the departure date.
5 days Uganda big five Route Map