6 days gorillas lions safari
Day 1: 6-day lion, gorilla Uganda safari starts!
Meeting you at the airport or your address within Kampala or Entebbe marks the beginning of the 6-day lion, gorilla Uganda safari.
Spend a night in Entebbe or Kampala
Day 2: Safari to Queen Elizabeth National Park
This morning you will be driven from Kampala to Queen Elizabeth National Park as your first destination for the 6-day lion, gorilla Uganda safari.
Queen Elizabeth national is west of Uganda with 2 distinctive lakes George and Edward. There are several crater lakes that are part of this wonderful national park. There is a channel that joins lakes George and Edward where on the 6-day lion, gorilla Uganda safari a boat ride will take you along the Kazinga Channel to see hippopotamus and crocodiles. The Wildlife game includes Uganda Kob, Warthog and Waterbuck; Lions and Elephant, Leopard lazing.
Journey Time 8 hours
Accommodation Marafiki Safari Lodge
Meal Plan Breakfast and dinner
Day 3: Morning Game Drive, Boat Safari, nature drive
Be prepared to enjoy a long day of activity searching and spotting the wildlife of this wonderful park.
Journey Time: Days activities
Accommodation: Bush Lodge
Meal Plan: Breakfast and dinner
Day 4: Drive to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
Today 6-day lion, gorilla Uganda safari will take you to drive to Bwindi forest where you will be tracking gorillas.
Journey Time 7 hours
Accommodation Mutanda Lake Resort Meal Plan Breakfast and dinner
Day 5: Gorilla Tracking Day
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest boasts both mountain gorillas and chimpanzees - the only forest in Africa which can make this claim, in fact. It also hosts five other species of primate, 113 species of mammal, over 200 butterflies and 360 birds. En route to the gorillas, your guide will point out signs of previous gorilla activity, including dung, nests and chewed bamboo shoots.
The gorillas you track belong to one of nine habituated family groups that can tolerate the presence of humans for a brief period every day.
The time taken to track the gorillas can be as few as 2 hours to as many as 7 hours. Your track will be an exciting journey along forested slopes, entwined vines, bushes and bamboo before you eventually reach the gorilla family. Once the gorillas have been located, your group will be allowed a maximum of one hour with them. Coming face-to-face with a mountain gorilla is a truly humbling and emotional experience. This is a fantastic and privileged opportunity to get up close and personal with Uganda’s very own ‘Gorillas in the Mist’.
Accommodation Mutanda Lake Resort Meal Plan Breakfast packed lunch and dinner
Day 6: Back to Kampala/Entebbe
After an early breakfast at the lodge, we will drive back to Kampala or Entebbe (Airport) stopping at the equator for the requisite snapshot and a bit of souvenir shopping. Accommodation for tonight is not inclusive in the program. If you wish to depart tonight from Entebbe Airport, make sure your flight is at 10 pm or later. If you would like us to book one (or more) nights in Kampala and/or Entebbe, please let us know.
Journey Time 9 - 10 hours Accommodation Not included Meal Plan Breakfast
Option Fly out via Kigali
Instead of driving back to Entebbe (10 hours), you can also fly out via Kigali, Rwanda. The drive to Kigali is only 4 hours from Mutanda, so that gives you a shorter drive and some extra time at Mutanda Lake Resort or some time to explore Kigali! Costing: US$ 300 per transfer for a maximum of 7 people (transfer will be organized by your accommodation). Ask for more information about this option and how to apply for your East African Visa (that included both Uganda and Rwanda) with your booking.
Please note that activities in Kigali and accommodation in Kigali are not inclusive in the itinerary. If you would like us to book one (or more) nights in Kigali, please let us know.
Journey Time: 4 hours to Kigali Accommodation: Not included Meal Plan: Breakfast
Since this is a private tour, departure can be organised for any time throughout the year subject to the availability of accommodation and transport.
What is included
1. Transport in a 4 wheel drive minivan with a pop-up roof for an excellent view.
2. All fuel for the tour.
3. English speaking Ugandan driver/guide.
4. Accommodation as listed in the itinerary.
5. All breakfasts and dinners included.
6. Packed lunch for the gorilla tracking.
7. Park entrance fees according to the itinerary.
8. All activities described in the itinerary.
9. 1 gorilla permit per person (US$ 600).
What is Excluded
1. International airfares.
2. Entry Visa.
3. Meals that are not part of your accommodation.
4. A porter during the gorilla tracking (someone who carries your day-pack).
5. Personal (medical/travel) insurance.
6. Government tax or park fees increase.
7. Tips and gratuities to rangers, driver/guide, porter, hotel staff.
8. All expenses of personal nature (e.g. drinks, laundry, optional activities, souvenirs.
1. Travelers are supposed to reach Entebbe on the tour starting the day before 8 am and leaving from the same airport at the end of the tour after 8 pm.
If these times can't be respected then 1 or 2 days should be calculated for the overnight in Kampala.
2. Children under 12 years of age are not allowed to see chimpanzees.
3. Kibale Forest National Park offers small walks of 1 or 2 hours followed by creative activities.
4. Gorilla trekking is not allowed for anyone under 15 years of age.
5. Prices for private safari. No extra passengers added.
6. All prices are VAT included.
7. Prices are in United States dollars
8. Gorilla permits are available for booking at least 3 weeks before the departure date.
1. At the moment of booking a deposit of 40% of the total amount is due.
2. Bookings must be made at least 60 days before the date of departure.
3. Steady Safaris Ltd reserves the right to don't accept bookings made less than 60 days prior to the date of departure.
4. Full payment has to be made not less than 30 days before the departing date of the tour.
5. If the full amount is not paid in due time, Steady Safaris Ltd reserves the right to treat the booking as cancelled.
6. Cancellations: 60 days prior to the departure date of the tour, a full refund of deposit; between 60 and 30 days, a refund of 50% of deposit; less than 30 days, no refund.
7. Gorilla permits are non-refundable.
per person (2 people)
per Person (2 people)
- $ 3,705
per Person (2 people)