Kibale forest national park
Departing from Entebbe/Kampala you will be with an expert guide who will provide knowledge and assistance throughout your journey. 1:00pm have lunch in Fort portal town before heading to your lodge.
You will arrive early evening at your overnight lodge.
Lunch and Dinner included.
" We were just astounded by the beauty of Uganda as a country and the genuine friendliness of its people. All of the places which you arranged for us to stay at were more than we expected – we were made to feel extremely welcome at every opportunity."
Day 2 Chimpanzee tracking and Bigodi Swamp walk
6:00am weak up after breakfast at 7:15am head to Kanyachu, Kibale forest briefing area.
8:00am attending a briefing and set out for chimpanzee tracking.
11:30am you will start making your way back after you have found the chimpanzee but in most case people settle with hearing their call and hoots.
In the afternoon, explore the Bigodi Wetland Sanctuary. The trail is rich with butterflies, plants, animals and, in particular, birds. Spectacular colorful birds like the Great Blue Turaco and rare Papyrus Gonolek will be of great interest to birders.
The swamp is also home to more elusive animals such as Red Colobus monkeys and Sitatunga antelope. There is also the opportunity to visit local community projects that have been financed by tourism. In the evening enjoy pre-dinner drinks on the terrace with its stunning views.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner
Travel to Queen Elizabeth national park
Depart for Queen Elizabeth National Park arriving in time for lunch and preparing for an afternoon game viewing drive. What you see depends on the season, but the Kasenyi plains are excellent for sighting lion and large herds of Uganda kob. The Mweya peninsula offers excellent game drives with magnificent views across the water to the Rwenzori Mountains. Mweya is one of the best places to look for leopard, which live in the dense, scrubby thickets. Return for dinner and overnight stay
Day 4 Exploration Kyambura Gorge and Boat ride
The Kyambura Gorge is an extraordinary natural environment and forms a stark contrast to the surrounding grasslands. here you can track one of our closest animal relatives, the chimpanzee. The chimp population is quite mobile and viewing can be unpredictable but the walk itself is enchanting. In the afternoon take a cruise on the Kazinga Channel, which flows between Lakes Edward and George. Kazinga is home to one of the greatest concentration of hippo in Africa and herds of elephant, buffalo and other animals come to drink at the waters edge. The channel is a magnet for waterbirds, with great flocks of pelicans and others birds on the shore, and a great spot to see African fish eagle.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner
Bwindi Forest national park, Gorilla tracking
Day 5 Bwindi forest national park
Travel to the primeval Bwindi forest best known for mountain gorilla. Traveling via Ishasha - subject to road conditions - you can observe the unusual behavior exhibited by lions that climb huge fig trees. The long journey through the rapidly changing landscape takes you to your, which over looks across to the towering tree canopy of the forest. Depending on when you arrive, there maybe time to explore the local community.
Breakfast, lunch, dinner
Day 6 Gorilla tracking Experience
6:30am after enjoying an early breakfast, you set off gorilla tracking 7:30am. 8:30am start trekking through the steep, densely forested hills and then finally coming across the gorillas camouflaged in the vegetation is an inspiring and privileged moment. Tracking in the Bwindi forest requires stamina and can often take most of the day. Alternatively there are other activities and excursions on offer in and around the national park:
Take a guided walk in the rain-forest, home to several endemic bird species, clouds of butterflies and rare plant life. This walk offers excellent photographic opportunities and the knowledgeable guide will provide a great insight into this globally important habitat.
Walk through the local village, and learn about community projects, such as the Amagara project that assists local farmers and their communities, and Bwindi Community hospital which started as a health clinic under a tree and now provides vital medical and educational services to over 80,000 people.
Discover the traditions of the Batwa Pygmies as an optional activity, and learn about the native tribal inhabitants of the forest. The indigenous people of Bwindi forest, though no longer resident in the forest, still practice many of their traditional hunter-gatherer skills.
Breakfast, lunch, dinner
Day 7 Return to Kampala and/or Entebbe
8:00am start the long drive back to Kampala or 6:00am if you have an international flight.
Lunch and a stop at the equator.
What's included in this price?
- Transport using customized vehicle equipped with GPS and opening roof.
- passengers and public liability insurance.
- full board accommodation.
- Expert driver/guide and Uganda Wildlife Authority professional armed rangers in the park when required.
- all fees for the excursions - activities as stated in the day by day program.
- B0at safari
- all park entrance fees.
- Accommodation two nights
- return airport transfers if required.
- Gorilla permit 1 each person
What is Excluded
- International flight to and from Uganda.
- visas if required.
- personal travel insurance.
- optional activities.
- personal items and everything not stated in the day by day program.
- Travelers are supposed to reach Entebbe on the tour starting day before 8am and leaving from the same airport at the end of the tour after 8pm. If these times can't be respected then 1 or 2 days should be calculated for the overnight in Kampala.
- Children under 12 years of age are not allowed to see chimpanzees.
- Kibale NP offers small walks of 1 or 2 hours followed by creative activities.
- Gorilla trekking is not allowed to anyone under 15 years of age.
- Prices for private safari. No extra passengers added.
- All prices are VAT included.
- Prices are in United States dollars (USD).
- Gorilla permits are available booking at least 3 weeks before the departure date.
- At the moment of booking a deposit of the 40% of the total amount is due.
- Bookings must be made at least 60 days before the date of departure.
- Steady Safaris Ltd reserves the right to don't accept bookings made less than 60 days prior the date of departure.
- Full payment has to be made not less than 30 days before the departing date of the tour.
- If the full amount is not paid in due time, Steady Safaris Ltd reserves the right to treat the booking as cancelled.
- Cancellations: 60 days prior to departure date of the tour, full refund of deposit; between 60 and 30 days, refund of 50% of deposit; less than 30 days, no refund.
- Gorilla permits are non-refundable.
Rates & Dates
- 2 pax on safari, the cost per person will be $3,775 including one gorilla permit.
- 4 pax on safari, the cost per person will be $3,465 including one gorilla permit.
- 6 pax on safari, the cost per person will be $3,185 including one gorilla permit.
- The single supplement is $630 for the whole trip.
- 2 pax on safari, the cost per person will be $ 3,055 including one gorilla permit.
- 4 pax on safari, the cost per person will be $2,868 including one gorilla permit.
- 6 pax on safari, the cost per person will be $2,665 including one gorilla permit.
- The single supplement is 390 for the whole trip.
- This tour can depart anytime of the year.
Mountain Gorilla Safaris
- 24 January 2019 by carlos, in Mountain Gorillas & ChimpanzeesGorilla Habituation process may take from anywhere between two to three years to...READ MORE +
- 07 January 2019 by carlos, in Mountain Gorillas & Chimpanzees...READ MORE +