Go on safari and support street kids of Kampala
A visit to Uganda, ‘The Pearl of Africa’ is a truly magical experience. With an abundance of wildlife and beautiful scenery, this East African country has much to offer.
Let us take you on a journey through this truly spectacular country. Below is an itinerary which showcases Uganda's highlights, from walking the foothills of the Rwenzoris, to seeing the impressive mountain gorillas in their natural habitat.
The journey starts in Entebbe, where after a quick safari briefing you will be transferred to Fort Portal through the green rolling hills of Mubende. On arrival in Kibale you will check in at the Ndali Lodge which is located on the rim of an extinct volcano and overlooks the beautiful Lake Nyinambuga. In the afternoon you will have time to relax at the lodge or explore the Lake.
The next day will be your introduction to Uganda's wild array of wildlife, with a morning of tracking the chimpanzees and primates crashing through the high canopy of the forests. Listen to the sounds of the colourful birds in the trees while you enjoy lunch in the forest. In the afternoon you will walk in Bigodi Village to see the swamp birds and visit the community projects. One more night will then be spent at Ndali Lodge.
The following day you can either enjoy a walk in the stunning foothills of the Rwenzoris
, one of the world's greatest mountain ranges, or you can head directly to Queen Elizabeth National Park where Kasenyi plains are good for lion sightings and the Mweya Peninsula for a variety of animals. You will spend the next two nights at Volcanoes Kyambura Gorge Lodge, a luxury safari lodge offering a contemporary space in the wilderness.
Head to Kyambura Gorge to track the fast moving and elusive chimpanzees. The chimp population is very mobile and viewing can be unpredictable, but the walk in itself is an enchanting experience. You have the alternative option here to take a nature walk in Maramagambo Forest to see other primates and visit the bat cave and blur lake. In the afternoon take a boat cruise on the Kazinga Channel where the wildlife and a vast array of birds come to drink.
Next on to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, where en route you can either drive through Ishasha, home of the tree-climbing lion, or take an alternative route through the cultivated expanses. Arrive at Volcanoes Bwindi Lodge, a stunning eco-lodge overlooking the Bwindi forest, and enveloped in the sounds of nearby exotic wildlife.
Finally you will experience the arguable highlight of a trip to Uganda with a day of gorilla tracking. Walk up steep densely forested hills before finally coming across the gorillas camouflaged in the vegetation. Truly an inspiring moment!
Day 1 Entebbe
Day 2 Kibale forest national park
Drive to Kibale. Overnight at Ndali Lodge.
Day 3 Bigodi Swamp Walk
Track chimpanzees and primates, afternoon walk in Bigodi. Overnight at Ndali Lodge.
Day 4 Queen Elizabeth National Park
Day 5 Kazinga Channel
Track the chimpanzees at Kyambura Gorge, or nature walk in Maramagambo. Boat cruise on the Kazinga Channel
. Overnight at Volcanoes Kyambura Gorge Lodge.
Day 6 Bwindi Impenetrabel Forest
Head to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. Overnight at Volcanoes Bwindi Lodge.
Day 7 Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
Gorilla tracking. Overnight Volcanoes Bwindi Lodge.
Day 8 Kampala
Drive to Kampala
. Overnight at Emin Pasha
Day 9 Entebbe – Back Home
Transfer to Entebbe Airport for flight back Home.
Best months to go (JAN FEB MAR APR MAY JUN )
Good months to go (JUL AUG SEPT OCT NOV DEC)
Rates based on 2 people sharing a double room/twin room
From $4,429 per person based on Mid-range Lodge (3***)
from $5,229 per person based on Luxury Lodge (4****)
What is Included.
1. All ground transportation
2. All accommodation including breakfast (some hotels may include more meals & activities)
3. One gorilla trekking permit
5. All airport transfers
6. All guided tours specified in the itinerary description
7. Full support from your Travel Concierge before, during and after your trip
What is Not Included.
2. All drinks beverages, alcohol, tea, coffee
3. Travel Insurance, visas to Uganda
4. Laundry services
5. Phone calls
6. Extra activities not listed on Itinerary
7. Extra meals
Balloon safari over Queen Elizabeth national park $380 per person
Travel by air (Extra $500 return flight to Entebbe per person)
Terms and conditions
1. At the moment of booking a deposit of the 40% of the total amount is due.
2. Bookings must be made at least 60 days before the date of departure.
3. Steady Safaris Ltd reserves the right to not accept bookings made less than 60 days prior the date of departure.
4. Full payment has to be made not less than 30 days before the departing date of the tour.
5. If the full amount is not paid in due time, Steady Safaris Ltd reserves the right to treat the booking as cancelled.
6. Cancellations: 60 days prior to departure date of the tour, full refund of deposit; between 60 and 30 days, refund of 50% of deposit; less than 30 days, no refund.
7. Gorilla permits are non-refundable.
1. Travelers are supposed to reach Entebbe on the tour starting day before 8 am and leaving from the same airport at the end of the tour after 8 pm.
2. If these times can't be respected then 1 or 2 days should be calculated for the overnight in Kampala.
3. Children under 12 years of age are not allowed to see chimpanzees.
5. Gorilla trekking is not allowed to anyone under 15 years of age.
6. Prices for private safari. No extra passengers added.
7. All prices are VAT included.
8. Prices are in United States dollars (USD).
9. Gorilla permits are available booking at least 3 months before the departure date.