Let us take you on a 9 days Uganda safari trip journey through this truly spectacular country. Below is an itinerary which showcases Uganda's great apes, from walking with chimpanzee the entire day, to seeing the impressive mountain gorillas in their natural habitat.
The journey starts in Entebbe, where after a quick safari briefing you will be transferred to Fort Portal through the green rolling hills of Mubende. On arrival in Kibale, you will check-in at the Primate Lodge which is located in the heart of the Kibale forest.
The next day will be your introduction to Uganda's wild array of wildlife, with a morning of tracking the chimpanzees and primates crashing through the high canopy of the forests. Listen to the sounds of the colorful birds in the trees while you enjoy lunch in the forest. In the afternoon you will walk in Bigodi Village to see the swamp birds and visit the community projects. One more night will then be spent at Ndali Lodge.
The following day you can either enjoy a walk in the stunning foothills of the Rwenzoris, one of the world's greatest mountain ranges, or you can head directly to Queen Elizabeth National Park where Kasenyi plains are good for lion sightings and the Mweya Peninsula for a variety of animals. You will spend the next two nights at Volcanoes Kyambura Gorge Lodge, a luxury safari lodge offering a contemporary space in the wilderness.
Head to Kyambura Gorge to track the fast-moving and elusive chimpanzees. The chimpanzee population is very mobile and viewing can be unpredictable, but the walk-in itself is an enchanting experience. You have the alternative option here to take a nature walk in Maramagambo Forest to see other primates and visit the bat cave and blue lake. In the afternoon take a boat cruise on the Kazinga Channel where the wildlife and a vast array of birds come to drink.
Next on to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, where en route you can either drive through Ishasha, home of the tree-climbing lion or take an alternative route through the cultivated expanses. Arrive at Volcanoes Bwindi Lodge, a stunning eco-lodge overlooking the Bwindi forest, and enveloped in the sounds of nearby exotic wildlife.
Finally, you will experience the arguable highlight of a trip to Uganda with a day of gorilla tracking. Walk up steep densely forested hills before finally coming across the gorillas camouflaged in the vegetation. Truly an inspiring moment!
Day 1 Entebbe
Overnight flight to Entebbe arrival meet and greet, assist transfer to the hotel.
Day 2 Kibale forest national park
Drive to Kibale forest national park. Overnight at Primate Lodge.
Day 3 Bigodi Swamp Walk
Track chimpanzees and primates, afternoon walk in Bigodi. Overnight at Primate Lodge.
Day 4 Queen Elizabeth National Park
Walk foothills of Rwenzoris or safari at Queen Elizabeth National Park. Overnight at Ihamba Safari Lodge.
Day 5 Kazinga Channel
Track the chimpanzees at Kyambura Gorge, or nature walk in Maramagambo. Boat cruise on the Kazinga Channel. Overnight at Ihamba Safari Lodge.
Day 6 Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
Head to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. Overnight at Volcanoes Bwindi Lodge.
Day 7 Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
Gorilla tracking. Overnight Volcanoes Bwindi Lodge.
Day 8 Kampala
Drive to Kampala. Overnight at the Sheraton Hotel end of 9 Days, 8 nights Uganda safari trip.
Day 9 Entebbe – Back Home
Transfer to Entebbe Airport for the flight back home.
Best months to go (JAN FEB MAR APR MAY JUN )
Good months to go (JUL AUG SEPT OCT NOV DEC)
Included in 9 Days, 8 nights Uganda safari trip.
1. All ground transportation
2. All accommodation including breakfast (some hotels may include more meals & activities)
3. One gorilla trekking permit
5. All airport transfers
6. All guided tours specified in the itinerary description
7. Full support from your Travel Concierge before, during and after your trip
2. All drinks beverages, alcohol, tea, coffee
3. Travel Insurance, visas to Uganda
4. Laundry services
5. Phone calls
6. Extra activities not listed on Itinerary
7. Extra meals
Terms and conditions
1. At the moment of booking a deposit of 40% of the total amount is due.
2. Bookings must be made at least 60 days before the date of departure.
3. Steady Safaris Ltd reserves the right to not accept bookings made less than 60 days prior to the date of departure.
4. Full payment has to be made not less than 30 days before the departing date of the tour.
5. If the full amount is not paid in due time, Steady Safaris Ltd reserves the right to treat the booking as canceled.
6. Cancellations: 60 days prior to the departure date of the tour, a full refund of deposit; between 60 and 30 days, a refund of 50% of deposit; less than 30 days, no refund.
7. Gorilla permits are non-refundable.
Notes for 9 Days, 8 nights Uganda safari trip
1. Travelers are supposed to reach Entebbe on the tour starting the day before 8 am and leaving from the same airport at the end of the tour after 8 pm.
2. If these times can't be respected then 1 or 2 days should be calculated for the overnight in Kampala.
3. Children under 12 years of age are not allowed to see chimpanzees.
4. Kibale National Park offers small walks of 1 or 2 hours followed by creative activities.
5. Gorilla trekking is not allowed to anyone under 15 years of age.
6. Prices for private safari. No extra passengers added.
7. All prices are VAT included.
8. Prices are in United States dollars (USD).
9. Gorilla permits are available booking at least 3 months before the departure date.
- $ 3,567
per person (2 people)
- $ 3,907
per Person (2 people)
per Person (2 people)