6 Days Rwanda Safari
DAY 1: PICK UP & KIGALI CITY TOUR
Meet, greet at Kigali International Airport (KGL), drive to the hotel and check-in before you head out for a city tour. Kigali Museum and learn the history of city and country’s pre-colonial and colonial period as well as the colonial masters in Rwanda. Visit the genocide memorial site, a grim reminder of a senseless massacre of innocent’s lives in 1994. Learn about Rwanda’s history from pre-colonial times to the 1994 genocide and how Rwanda has dealt with that past. Proceed with the tour and see the new developments in Rwanda; the recovery has been incredible, a testament to humankind’s resilience. Later transfer to Hotel/Lodge in Kigali for dinner and overnight.
DAY 2: TRANSFER TO NYUNGWE FOREST
After morning breakfast, you will be picked up from the hotel and drive along the southwestern part of the country via the rolling hills across Rwanda. Lunch en route. Arrive at Nyungwe Forest late in the afternoon. Relax till evening then have dinner and overnight at the Lodge.
DAY 3: CHIMPANZEE TRACKING IN NYUNGWE FOREST & KIBUYE CITY
After breakfast, transfer to the park headquarters for briefing and then hike into the forest to trek the chimpanzees. You will also encounter other animals such as forest elephants, Colobus black-and-white monkeys, blue monkeys, and many bird species. In the afternoon, go for a city tour in Kibuye and then return to the lodge for dinner and overnight stay.
DAY 4: NYUNGWE FOREST – VOLCANOES NATIONAL PARK
You will have a morning breakfast and then transfer to Volcanoes National Park in Kinigi via Gisenyi in Ruhengeri. You will pass via tea plantations with spectacular views of the neighboring communities and beautiful sceneries arriving in the evening. Dinner and overnight stay at the Lodge.
DAY 5: GORILLA TRACKING IN VOLCANOES NATIONAL PARK
Early morning breakfast. After breakfast drive to the park headquarters with your packed lunch and water for gorilla trekking formalities and briefing by the Volcanoes National Park’s guides on the gorillas’ etiquette. You will be assigned to a specific group of gorillas.
Later proceed to the forest to track the gorillas, an activity that will take you 2-8 hours depending on the movement of these great apes in the mist. After meeting and staying in the presence of the gorillas for a maximum of one hour, descend back to your hotel for relaxation. In the evening, you may go for a nature walk or visit the Banyarwanda community, dinner and overnight stay at your preferred Lodge/Hotel.
DAY 6: DEPARTURE
After breakfast relax until your time for heading to the airport. Depending on what time you wish to get back to the city/airport for your final departures transfer will be organized.
Since this is a private tour, departure can be organized for any time throughout the year subject to the availability of accommodation and transport.
What is included
Transport in a 4wd minivan with a pop-up roof for an excellent view.
All fuel for the tour.
English speaking Ugandan driver/guide.
Accommodation as listed in the itinerary.
All breakfasts and dinners included.
Packed lunch for the gorilla tracking.
Park entrance fees according to the itinerary.
All activities described in the itinerary.
1 gorilla permit per person.
What is Excluded
Meals that are not part of your accommodation.
A porter during the gorilla tracking (someone who carries your daypack).
Personal (medical/travel) insurance.
Government tax or park fees increase.
Tips and gratuities to rangers, driver/guide, porter, hotel staff.
All expenses of personal nature (e.g. drinks, laundry, optional activities, souvenirs.
Notes 6 Days Rwanda Safari
1. Travelers are supposed to reach Entebbe on the tour starting the day before 8 am and leaving from the same airport at the end of the tour after 8 pm.
If these times can't be respected then 1 or 2 days should be calculated for the overnight in Kampala.
2. Children under 12 years of age are not allowed to see chimpanzees.
3. Kibale National Park offers small walks of 1 or 2 hours followed by creative activities.
4. Gorilla trekking is not allowed to anyone under 15 years of age.
5. Prices for private safari. No extra passengers added.
6. All prices are VAT included.
7. Prices are in United States dollars (USD).
8. Gorilla permits are available booking at least 3 weeks before the departure date.
Booking Terms 6 Days Rwanda Safari
1. At the moment of booking a deposit of 40% of the total amount is due.
2. Bookings must be made at least 60 days before the date of departure.
3. Steady Safaris Ltd reserves the right to don't accept bookings made less than 60 days prior to the date of departure.
4. Full payment has to be made not less than 30 days before the departing date of the tour.
5. If the full amount is not paid in due time, Steady Safaris Ltd reserves the right to treat the booking as canceled.
6. Cancellations: 60 days prior to the departure date of the tour, a full refund of deposit; between 60 and 30 days, a refund of 50% of deposit; less than 30 days, no refund.
7. Gorilla permits are non-refundable.