5 Days gorilla and wildlife safari
Day 1 Drive to Bwindi forest national park
5 Days gorilla and wildlife safaris from Kampala through Mbarara, Ntungamo, Kabale, to Bwindi forest national park.
Dinner and Overnight at Silverback Lodge or Mahogany Springs Lodge
Driving time: ± 9 hours
Mid-range: Silverback Lodge
Luxury: Mahogany Springs Lodge
Meals: – Lunch, Dinner
Day 2 Gorilla tracking
6:30 am. Start breakfast until 7:15 am.
7:30 am Depart the lodge for the park area office, where there will be a dance group.
Here clients watch with joy while ladies and men dance away.
8:00 am Attend a short talk on the gorilla tracking process, get in groups, and join a tracking group/family.
8:30 am, start the gorilla tracking by walking into the forest, or you drive to the point where they start from.
You will head out with your lunch in your backpack and plenty of water to drink in your backpack.
2:00 pm, you will be back from the highlight of the 5 Days Uganda big five safari tour.
Return to the lodge for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 3 Drive to Queen Elizabeth national park
Drive through Ishasha for a game drive before you continue to Mweya safari lodge for lunch and overnight or Ihamba safari lodge.
Day 4 Lion tracking game drive and afternoon boat safari
Morning breakfast and lion tracking game drive until 11:30 am, and after lunch, go a boat ride in the afternoon on the Kazinga channel.
Day 5 Back to Kampala
Day 1: Arrival!
Drive from Kampala to Queen Elizabeth National Park, which is about 440 km.
Queen Elizabeth National Park in the west of Uganda with two distinctive lakes, George and Edward.
Several crater lakes are part of this wonderful national park.
The Kazinga channel joins lakes George and Edward, where a boat ride will take you to see hippopotamus and Nile crocodiles. The Wildlife game includes Uganda Kob, Warthog and Waterbuck, Lions and Elephant, and Leopard.
Journey Time 8 hours
Accommodation Marafiki Safari Lodge
Meal Plan Breakfast and dinner
Day 2: Morning Game Drive, Boat Safari, nature drive
Be ready to enjoy a long day of activity on a game drive to see the wildlife of this wonderful park.
Lions, leopards, Spotted Hyenas, African Elephants, African Buffalo, Hippopotamus, Warthog, Uganda Kob, and Tsavo Cats.
Journey Time: Days activities
Accommodation: Bush Lodge
Meal Plan: Breakfast and dinner
Lion tracking will get you close to lion pride together with other trackers.
This will also give you a 95% chance to see the lions! The number of people on each outing is limited to 14 people to reduce stress on the lions.
Day 3: Drive to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
Today the trip will take you to drive to Bwindi forest, where you will be tracking gorillas.
Journey Time 7 hours
Accommodation Ruhija gorilla safari lodge
Meal Plan Breakfast and dinner
Day 4: Gorilla Tracking Day
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest is best known for mountain gorillas.
It also hosts five other species of primate, 113 species of mammal, over 200 butterflies and 360 birds.
The time taken to track the gorillas can be as few as 2 hours to as many as 8 hours.
Once the gorillas have been located, your group will be allowed a maximum of one hour with them.
Accommodation Ruhija Gorilla Safari Lodge
Meal Plan Breakfast, packed lunch, and dinner
Day 5: Back to Kampala/Entebbe
After an early breakfast at the lodge, we will drive back to Kampala or Entebbe (Airport).
We will stop at the equator for photos and shop for souvenirs.
If you wish to depart tonight from Entebbe Airport, ensure your flight is at 10 pm or later.
If you would like us to book one (or more) nights in Kampala and/or Entebbe, please let us know.
Journey Time 9 – 10 hours No Accommodation
Meal Plan Breakfast
Option Fly out via Kigali
Instead of driving back to Entebbe (10 hours), you can also fly out via Kigali, Rwanda.
The drive to Kigali is only 4 hours from Bwindi Ruhija, so that gives you a shorter drive and some extra time within Kigali shopping.
Costing: US$ 300 per transfer for a maximum of 4 people (transfer will be organized by your accommodation).
Ask for more information about this option and how to apply for your East African Visa (that includes both Uganda and Rwanda) with your booking.
Please note that activities in Kigali and accommodation in Kigali are not part of this itinerary.
If you would like us to book one (or more) nights in Kigali, please let us know.
Journey Time: 4 hours to Kigali
Accommodation: Not included.
Meal Plan: Breakfast
Since this is a private tour, departure can be organized for any time throughout the year, subject to the availability of accommodation and transport.
What is included in the 5 Days Gorilla Uganda wildlife safari?
- Transport in a 4wd minivan with a pop-up roof for an excellent view.
- All fuel for the tour.
- English-speaking Ugandan driver/guide.
- Accommodation is listed in the itinerary.
- All breakfasts and dinners are included.
- I packed lunch for the gorilla tracking.
- Park entrance fees are according to the itinerary.
- All activities are described in the itinerary.
- 1 gorilla permit per person (US$ 600).
- International airfares.
- Entry Visa.
- Meals that are not part of your accommodation.
- A porter during the gorilla tracking (someone who carries your daypack).
- Personal (medical/travel) insurance.
- Government tax or park fees increase.
- Tips and gratuities to rangers, driver/guide, porter, and hotel staff.
- All expenses of personal nature (e.g. drinks, laundry, optional activities, souvenirs.
Notes for 5 Days Gorilla Uganda wildlife safari
- Travellers should reach Entebbe on tour starting the day before 8 am and leave from the same airport at the end of the tour after 8 pm.
- If these times are impossible, then 1 or 2 days should be calculated for the overnight in Kampala.
- Children under 12 years of age will not see chimpanzees.
- Kibale National Park offers short walks of 1 or 2 hours with creative activities.
- Gorilla trekking is not for anyone under 15 years of age.
- Prices for private safari. No extra passengers.
- All prices have VAT.
- Prices are in United States dollars (USD).
- Gorilla permits are available at least two months before the departure date.
- Book with a deposit of 40% of the total amount of the trip.
- Book at least 60 days before the date of departure.
- Steady Safaris Limited reserves the right not to accept bookings made less than 60 days prior to the date of departure.
- Full payment has to be made not less than 30 days before the departure date of the tour.
- If the full amount is not paid in due time, Steady Safaris Ltd reserves the right to treat it as cancelled.
- Cancellations: 60 days prior to the departure date of the tour, full refund of deposit; between 60 and 30 days, refund of 50% of deposit; less than 30 days, no refund.
- Gorilla permits are non-refundable.
Also, take a look at the 6 days Rwanda safari