9 Days Uganda Safari
9 days Uganda safari trip take the traveller through this genuinely spectacular country. Below is an itinerary that showcases Uganda’s great apes, from walking with chimpanzees the entire day to seeing the impressive mountain gorillas in their natural habitat.
Kibale forest exploration
The Uganda safari travel starts in Entebbe, where after a quick safari briefing, you will be transferred to Fort Portal through the green rolling hills of Mubende. On arrival in Kibale, you will check in at the Primate Lodge, located in the heart of the Kibale forest.
The next day will be your introduction to Uganda’s wild array of wildlife, with a morning of tracking the chimpanzees and primates crashing through the high canopy of the forests. Then, listen to the sounds of the colourful birds in the trees while you enjoy lunch in the woods.
In the afternoon, you will walk in Bigodi Village to see the swamp birds and visit the community projects. Tourists will then spend one more night at Ndali Lodge.
Travel to Queen Elizabeth national park
The following day you can either enjoy a walk in the stunning foothills of the Rwenzoris, one of the world’s most excellent mountain ranges. Also, you can head directly to Queen Elizabeth National Park, where Kasenyi plains are good for lion sightings.
While the Mweya Peninsula has a variety of animals. You will spend the next two nights at Volcanoes Kyambura Gorge Lodge, a luxury safari lodge offering a contemporary space in the wilderness.
Head to Kyambura Gorge to track the fast-moving and elusive chimpanzees.
The chimpanzee population is mobile, and viewing can be unpredictable, but the walk-in is an enchanting experience. In addition, you have the alternative option of taking a nature walk in Maramagambo Forest to see other primates and visit the bat cave and blue lake.
In the afternoon, take a boat cruise on the Kazinga Channel, where the wildlife and many birds come to drink.
We travel by road to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. En route, you can either drive through Ishasha, home of the tree-climbing lion or take an alternative way through the cultivated expanses. Finally, arrive at Volcanoes Bwindi Lodge, a stunning eco-lodge overlooking the Bwindi forest, and enveloped in the sounds of nearby exotic wildlife.
Finally, you will experience the arguable highlight of a trip to Uganda with a day of gorilla tracking. Walk up steep, densely forested hills before finally coming across the gorillas camouflaged in the vegetation. Indeed an inspiring moment!
Day 1 Entebbe
Overnight flight to Entebbe arrival meet and greet, assist transfer to the hotel.
Day 2 Uganda safari heads to Kibale forest national park
Drive to Kibale forest national park. Overnight at Primate Lodge.
Day 3 Bigodi Swamp Walk
Track chimpanzees and primates, afternoon walk in Bigodi. Overnight at Primate Lodge.
Day 4 Queen Elizabeth National Park
Walk foothills of Rwenzoris or safari at Queen Elizabeth National Park. Overnight at Ihamba Safari Lodge.
Day 5 Kazinga Channel
Track the chimpanzees at Kyambura Gorge or nature walk in Maramagambo. Boat cruise on the Kazinga Channel. Overnight at Ihamba Safari Lodge.
Day 6 Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
Head to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. Overnight at Volcanoes Bwindi Lodge.
Day 7 Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
Gorilla tracking. Overnight Volcanoes Bwindi Lodge.
Day 8 Kampala
Drive to Kampala. Overnight at the Sheraton Hotel end of 9 Days, eight nights Uganda safari trip.
Day 9 Uganda safari holiday ends – Back home.
Transfer to Entebbe Airport for the flight back home.
Best months to go (JAN, FEB, MAR, APR, MAY, JUN )
Good months to go (JUL, AUG, SEPT, OCT, NOV, DEC)
Included in 9 days Uganda safari trip.
1. All ground transportation
2. All accommodation, including breakfast (some hotels may include more meals & activities)
3. One gorilla trekking permit
4. Chimpanzee Habituation
5. All airport transfers
6. All guided tours are specified in the itinerary description
7. Full support from your Travel Concierge before, during, and after your trip
2. All drinks, beverages, alcohol, tea, coffee
3. Travel Insurance, visas to Uganda
4. Laundry services
5. Phone calls
6. Extra activities not listed on Itinerary
7. Extra meals
Terms and conditions
- At the moment of booking, a deposit of 40% of the total amount is due.
- Bookings must be made at least 60 days before the date of departure.
- Steady Safaris Ltd reserves the right not to accept bookings made less than 60 days before departure.
- Full payment has to be made not less than 30 days before the departing date of the tour.
- If the total amount is not paid in due time, Steady Safaris Ltd reserves the right to treat the booking as cancelled.
- Cancellations: 60 days before the departure date of the tour, a full refund of deposit; between 60 and 30 days, a refund of 50% of deposit; less than 30 days, no refund.
- Gorilla permits are non-refundable.
Notes for nine days Uganda safari tour
- TTravellersare supposed to reach Entebbe before 8 am on tour starting day and leave from the same airport at 8 pm after the trip.
- If these times can’t be respected, travellers are advised to arrive one day earlier.
- Children under 12 years of age are not allowed to see chimpanzees.
- Kibale National Park offers small walks of 1 or 2 hours followed by creative activities.
- Gorilla trekking is not allowed to anyone under 15 years of age.
- Prices for private safari.
- VAT included.
- Prices are in United States dollars (USD).
- Gorilla permits are available for booking at least three months before departure.